Twitterlyzer is a program allowing not too tech savvy persons to collect data from Twitter. It is designed to make the collection of data from Twitter as easy and reliable as possible. The data is stored locally on your computer. In addition to several data collection methods the program also provides analytical tools such as network analysis. The program is free and licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.
Twitterlyzer allows to retrieve tweets based on:
- specific accounts e.g. @realDonaldTrump
- for keywords e.g. #feelthebern
- and for geographic areas e.g. New York’s central park identified by longitude and latitude
In order to run the program two requirements must be met:
- a java runtime environment must be installed (freely available)
- you must create a twitter developer account and register an app (cost free)